Monday 22 February 2016

Dramatic Images - Definition

Dictionary Definition of dramatic - 1) Exciting or impressive  2) Intending or intended to create an effect (usually dramatic)

Describing words for dramatic - Breathtaking, climatic, emotional, impressive, sensational, thrilling, theatrical, striking, vivid.

This photograph uses low key lighting, I think that the high contrast that this lighting technique causes helps make the image more theatrical and gives it almost like a sense of unknowing.

 I really like the use of hard directional light used within these two photos and I think that it creates a very striking effect.  I also like the way that the photographers have used the shadows to hide a large portion of each person's face.

My Definition - Dramatic images to me is any photo that is creates a powerful effect whether intended to or not through the use of natural lighting or otherwise.

1 comment:

  1. a good post, but consider how you mitt bring your research on dramatic low key lighting into your shoots. mention shoots that you could try out which will use dramatic lighting effects.

    ReplyDelete